I got contacted today by a mate who is trying to fill this job and thought I might know an athlete that it might suit…so if this sounds like you…drop me an email and I’ll pas your contact details onto Luke.
Sport Related Sales / Commercial Business Development- FMCG Products (Nutraceutical Food Space)
Reporting to the newly appointed Commercial Director for this new product range in the Whey / Protein / Nutraceutical Sports Drinks Products space.
This product range is relaunching in Ireland (though there is some presense here already) and the Business development role will go to someone passionate about sport and / or body building as this will be the core target market initially that will give you most traction.
This is a well established organisation in the FMCG space, who are looking for a Commercial Manager to develop the product ranges and product distribution in Ireland (this is a country wide role and you can be based anywhere in Ireland – there would be a slight preference for Leinster as this will be the hub of activity). This is a stand alone role covering Ireland and will suit someone who has an interest in Sports and has sales experience. Product is coming through USA through 3PL in UK into Ireland and all R&D has been done in Ireland for the product nuances. It is B to B sales not to consumer.
Job Profile Requirements:
– To achieve both overall volume and individual target product targets
– To grow the product distribution in Ireland
– To use initiative in developing the market for the product range
– To manage all the existing accounts
– To develop marketing plans where needed
– To monitor competitors to ensure accurate market knowledge
– Monthly management reports
– Experience in sports products side of FMCG is ideal but not essential (a link into the body building world could be an asset)
– A 3rd level degree is a ideal but not essential
– Strong motivation
– Proven track record in the FMCG sales area, 3 – 5 years really unless you have less and have exceeded targets
– Good communication skills
– Good computer skills